Thursday, August 22, 2013

10. Perry vs. Lakeside Football Game (August 31st, 2012)


Yes, a Perry football game against an Ashtabula county school is usually not a close
blockbuster of a game. This game in particular did not differ from usual results of these types of games. Perry blew away the Dragons in an easy fashion. However, this game gets number 10 on my list for cliché reasons. High school football games are usually very symbolic of the whole high school experience. Unfortunately through my first three years of high school, I was enrolled in the Perry High School Marching Band as a percussionist. Being in the marching band had me dreading Friday nights. As much as I like watching football, it was an awful experience consisting of me hating most of the band members (obviously with my exceptional few friends). Instead of ranting about that, this game steals the number 10 spot because I consider this game to be my first football game of high school. With pleasure, it was everything I expected it to be: a night consisting of a loud student section, bonding with a girl, hanging out with friends, great food and football.

No comments:

Post a Comment