Thursday, August 22, 2013

Night


Never shall I forget that night, the first night without my best friend, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall I forget that phone call. Never shall I forget my mom’s face completely change, from her cherry self to an absolute breakdown into tears. Never shall I forget those fire sirens I could hear in my head. Never shall I forget all of the late night phone calls to other friends and teachers that kept me up late into the night. Never shall I lose the thoughts of what, how and why? Never shall I forget the memory he left within me and everyone else on this planet. Never shall I forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never

In remembrance of the tragedy that occurred in Mayfield today. I promise, everything will get better. It won't be today, it won't be tomorrow. But with time comes acceptance and understanding of everything that has happened.

I had a tad bit of help with this from my boy Elie Wiesel http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/37319-never-shall-i-forget-that-night-the-first-night-in

No comments:

Post a Comment