Friday, August 23, 2013

Off to Neverland

With the childish notion that I want to be an adult,
I still just want to go out and play and do a summersault.
But now that adulthood is here,
I miss that childish notion when I had no fear.
No fear of where I'm going to school,
and instead when is the next time I'm going to the pool?
No fear of where I'm going to get a job,
and instead what's for dinner tonight? Corn on the cob?
No fear of when I am going to go on my next date,
and instead we need to hurry to my t-ball game so I won't be late.
The reality is that we are all fighting growing old,
where we all are growing cold. 
We sometimes forget to have fun,
and just enjoy our teenage time in the sun.
But while all of you guys are freaking out,
I am going to take this time to put away any doubt.
I am going to a place called Neverland,
 where I will always be a kid just playing in the sand.
And until it is time to transform from a little pup,
I am going to neverland and am never going to grow up.

3 comments:

  1. the fall out boy reference makes this 10x better than it already is

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like fall out boy and i like this poem

    ReplyDelete