Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cavs/Trail Blazers Game I Attended

Like the Miami Heat game I went to, I didn't have the best seats in the house. But nonetheless they were all you can eat seats so that made up for it. My stats for the first half were 2 hot dogs eaten, 2 nachos & cheese eaten, 2 popcorn bags eaten, 1 wild cherry Pepsi drunken, and 1 blue raspberry slushie drunken. I wasn't consistent though as I only drank 1 more slushie in the 2nd half. Well this is the Believeland Sports account and not Michael Symon's blog account so I guess I'll actually talk about the game beyond my unhealthy eating. So the Trail Blazers who own the top record in the NBA came into town led by Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge. The game was played in spurts, as the

 

Cavs for the most part had the game under control, but not by much. In the 4th quarter, the Trail Blazers got up by as many as 9 I believe, but a late surge by Dion Waiters and the Cavs tied the game up. The Blazers then had the ball with 34 seconds left but could not convert any points. So with about 15 seconds left, Kyrie Irving brought the ball down the court, with 10 seconds left he drove to the hoop, missed a layup, and Anderson Varejao also missed the put back. Blazers ball now, and Damian Lillard, who dominated the whole game, walked up the court like it was nothing and drained a 3 to win with .4 seconds left. This was the 2nd straight game that Lillard hit a game winner for the Blazers in the last second (Pistons the game before). Lillard had 36 points in a 119-116 Blazer victory. Both Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters had 25 for the Cavs. Aldridge had 26 as well. Right now, I feel Dion Waiters is the Cavs best player (Yes, above Kyrie). But at the end of the day, the Lillard-Aldridge show was too much for the Cavs to handle. The Cavs will play against the Bucks tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment